We are excited to introduce the fabulous Wood Anemone pattern to our online collection! This pattern was designed and generously donated by Sue Lazenby.
“A lighthearted shawlette or scarf to celebrate spring. What could be lovelier than unexpectedly coming across a carpet of wood anemones in a shady glade? Rows of flowers cascade downwards in this sideways knitted piece to meet the deep, garter striped border. The size can easily be adjusted for different quantities of yarn and there are endless possibilities for colour combinations should you wish to gather different flowers around you. A fairly easy knit for the intermediate knitter, with just a little concentration needed when making the ‘flowers’. Every knitter needs a little frivolity when spring is in the air!“
What you need to get started:
- fingering weight yarn, 420 yd / 384 m per 100g for main colour; 383 yd / 350 m per 100g for contrast colour. Suggest wool or wool blend combined with a mohair blend as contrast yarn.
- Approx. 437 – 450yd / 400 – 412m in main colour
- Approx. 100 yd / 91m in contrast colour
- US # 6 / 4.0 mm 40” / 100 cm circular needle or size to achieve desired gauge. Needle size is a recommendation only.
- 2 stitch markers; blocking wires & pins
All patterns have been generously donated to the project by designers to raise funds for MSF and are available for your knitting and crocheting pleasure. In return, we ask that you make a donation to p/hop based on the hours of enjoyment you will get from these patterns. p/hop is based on an honesty box system and the amount you donate is completely up to you! Making your donation is easy.
It’s easy to make your donation for your p/hop pattern, just click on the button below. You can donate in UK Pounds, Euros, US Dollars, HKD, SGD, CAD, AED and AUD.
To see what others have made from this pattern, please visit the Wood Anemone pattern page on Ravelry.